Pada jam 11:50am pagi tadi, saya mendapat pesanan sms ini;
“Breaking News – Berembang won (the) case and damages ordered. Order 69 set aside”
Tahniah! Teruskan perlawanan!
This, as well as the PNSB’s ex-parte injunction obtained on Feb 27 to vacate the land, were declared unlawful and set aside with costs.
The judge ordered PNSB to pay damages and other costs incurred due to demolition of the residents’ homes. Parti Sosialis Malaysia pro-tem secretary-general S Arutchelvan (photo) said the decision was announced in chambers.
It was relayed at about 11.15am to the Kampung Berembang villagers, many of whom had packed the court’s public gallery and the hall outside.
He said the decision was greeted with loud applause and cheers from the residents, some of whom have been staying in tents since their houses were demolished in November last year.
“The villagers are very grateful for the decision, which must be attributed to some extent to their persistence in claiming a stake over the land and their continued presence in court,” said Arutchelvan when contacted.
Sila baca laporan Nat di sini.